11.30.2010

101 in 1001

On October 15, 2010, I was surfing blogs and found one with a page entitled "101 in 1001". The author had made a list of 101 things she wanted to accomplish in 1001 days. I was inspired by her idea and decided this was something I'd like to do myself. I adjusted it to fit my lifestyle and this is what I've come up with. I'm going to make this post a page, and will keep myself accountable by tracking my progress on this page.
So, here goes... My starting date is 12/1/2010 and my end date is 8/29/10
  1. Read my Bible every day (0/1001)
  2. Stay on top of my blood sugar
  3. Send a long-distance friend a card monthly (0/33)
  4. Walk 10,000 steps every day (0/1001)
  5. Have a face-to-face visit with a local friend monthly (0/33)
  6. Go through 6 tubs of photos Dan brought back from his dad’s house (0/6)
  7. Monthly overnight with Sunny (0/33)
  8. Visit Columbia, SC
  9. Create wedding scrapbook for Jess’ wedding
  10. Create wedding scrapbook for JD’s wedding
  11. Create scrapbook of Sunny
  12. Create "A Few of My Favorite Things" scrapbook for me
  13. Cross-stitch seasonal quilts series for myself
  14. Make a quilt for Jess
  15. Make a quilt for JD
  16. Make a quilt for Zach
  17. Buy a house
  18. Take a knitting class
  19. Take a photography class
  20. Go to the movies once a week with Dan (0/143)
  21. Cook one new recipe per week (0/143)
  22. Do a 365 photo blog
  23. Take 30th anniversary trip
  24. Organize charity drive twice each year (0/6)
  25. Host a giveaway on my blog
  26. Attend VNSA book sale each year (0/3)
  27. Post on political blog at least once a month (0/33)
  28. Post on recipe blog at least once a week (0/143)
  29. Visit Seattle, WA
  30. Visit OK City Memorial
  31. Lose 30 pounds (0/30)
  32. Try 5 new restaurants (0/5)
  33. Read 100 books in 2011 (0/100)
  34. Buy 2nd car... with cash
  35. Visit each MLB park in a single season
  36. Write a book for my grandchildren
  37. Visit Padre Island, TX
  38. Organize a "Cousin's Day" for my grandchildren four times per year (0/12)
  39. Read four new fictional authors (0/4)
  40. Share the plan of salvation with a Jehovah's Witness who knocks on my door
  41. Attend a Homes Tour at one of the Historic District Neighborhoods in Phoenix
  42. Conquer my scrapbooks supplies by de-cluttering or using them all (so I can start fresh)
  43. See my out-of-town kids at least twice a year (0/6)
  44. See my in-town kids once a month (0/33)
  45. Visit Leavenworth, WA
  46. Spend Thanksgiving at Disneyland
  47. Choose nine angels every Christmas to symbolize my kids and grandkids (2010, 2011, 2012)
  48. Make a complete budget and follow it
  49. Attend the ballet
  50. Attend the opera
  51. Go to the Arizona State Fair
  52. Go to Bronner's Christmas Store in Frankenmuth, MI
  53. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z)
  54. Get a massage
  55. Attend at least three Spring Training Baseball games
  56. Attend at least three Diamondback games
  57. Learn American Sign Language
  58. Design an English Garden for my backyard
  59. Design an outdoor dining room for my backyard
  60. Create a dedicated indoor playspace for grandkids
  61. Stay at a B and B in Prescott
  62. Visit all of the Presidential Libraries
  63. Go whale watching
  64. Give away a Christmas Jar in 2010, 2011, 2012 (0/3)
  65. Tip 100% on a meal
  66. Visit the Phoenix Zoo
  67. Visit the Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium
  68. See an IMAX movie
  69. Set up a Roth IRA
  70. Tour the Rosson House at Christmas
  71. Visit Tempe Town Lake
  72. Purchase a Nook
  73. Attend a game at Cardinal’s Stadium
  74. Learn to use my food processor
  75. Ride in a horse drawn carriage
  76. Volunteer for a political campaign
  77. Plant a tree
  78. Attend a taping of "The Price is Right"
  79. Cross stitch "All Holidays" Door for myself
  80. Purchase a set of Christmas China
  81. Get professional photo of entire family
  82. Go to Canada
  83. Set foot in the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean and Gulf of Mexico
  84. Get a closet organizer system
  85. Purchase new bridal set for 30th anniversary
  86. Subscribe to Real Simple magazine
  87. Purchase a laptop
  88. Purchase a GPS
  89. Refurbish Bee's rocking chair
  90. Get a passport
  91. Take "fear of flying" class
  92. Cross-stitch baby sampler for A.
  93. Visit the Phoenix Botanical Garden
  94. Ride the Phoenix Light Rail
  95. Organize my photos
  96. Finish Katie's Quilt
  97. Visit Mount Rushmore
  98. Make a will
  99. Take a dance class
  100. Join a bowling league
  101. Complete everything on the list
completed
in progress
gave up on

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the 101st thing on your list. But more importantly that the #1 thing you are doing and that is what is most important.

    Thank you from the bottom of my corsage making heart for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that number 96 needs to be completed... You only have 3 weeks to complete it so you better get a move on it!!!!

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. I made mine a page on my blog but then I can't edit it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a good list and it looks like you and Dad should have some fun accomplishing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont' know if it's my age or what.. but I find I accomplish more when i make a list. Maybe I've just really gotten to like checking off the items...that's about all the motivation I need sometimes. All the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.