11.08.2010

What a Weekend

Whew, I’m glad it’s Monday. I need a rest! I got a lot of holiday tasks accomplished this past weekend. On Saturday I “ribboned” all of JD and Janel’s gifts, packed them in boxes, and they’re ready to mail (as soon as the rest of the family brings their gifts over). I started shoveling cleaning out the guest/craft room and now I can actually see the floor. yippee! I wrapped all of the Christmas gifts I bought last week. And I started decorating. Just a little. Just one item actually.

On Saturday and Sunday I had the Christmas music on channel 933 blaring, putting me in the spirit as I worked on some gifts that I’m still stitching.

I began decorating by putting out my newest nativity set. I collect nativities and while I’m not sure how many I have, I thought I’d share them in photos as I go along. So, here we are with Nativity #1. I placed it in the secretary’s desk which I moved into the living room (from the dining room where it was holding my cut glass collection) for the express purpose of holding some of my nativities. I apologize upfront for the lousy photos. I know I need a photog class and I promise I’m going to take one… next year!

110710 001
110710 002
110710 003


Too bad you can’t see how beautiful their faces are. I have a thing with faces. If they’re not perfect, they don’t come into my collection. That’s not to say that I don’t have some unusual pieces. It just means I don’t have pieces with poorly painted faces.

2 comments:

  1. i love the Christmas spirit!!!

    and i love nativity sets. but why does a new figure get broken each and every year in my house, i ask you?

    i'm going to save up and get an awesome one in like 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so do we get to see faces in all the sets?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.