It is so easy to get stressed out every year during this week of Thanksgiving. We have company coming, but not enough chairs. We forgot to put the turkey in the fridge early enough to be thawed in time. We realize no one’s bringing the sweet potatoes. That’s really true at my house this year. The solution? They’re no longer on the menu. That was easy.
As we move through this week and on into the Christmas season, let’s get our priorities straight. This week is for being thankful. Take a few moments every day this week to jot down five things you’re grateful for and stick it on your fridge for the day. Every time you open the door, you’ll be reminded of your blessings.
As we enter the Christmas season, be aware that this is a time when people are open to hearing about Christ. After all, Christmas music is playing everywhere and the name of Jesus is not taboo in public for the next four weeks. Take advantage of it and share what He means to you.
Don’t try to please everyone. Don’t try to achieve a “perfect” holiday. It’s impossible. Focus on the traditions that bring you and your family the most joy and let the rest go. One of the things that has stressed me out over the years is my failure to make Divinity at Christmas. I love Divinity. I made it a few times when I was younger, but gave it up when I had kids. Last year I discovered that Sprouts sells Divinity. It comes in a small block and was the perfect size for me to have a little bit every couple of days for weeks. It was delicious… way better than any that I ever made. Look around, see what tradition you can modify to give you more time for family fun.
Oh yeah, and put that turkey in the refrigerator to thaw today!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.