Today I need to see the little pictures one at a time rather than focus on the big picture. My house is in chaos. My kitchen is so small, with such limited counter space that it is barely a one-person kitchen. There is no way to get two people in there at the same time. So, I spend a lot of time moving items from one place to the other and then back again when I have a large meal to prepare.
I've decided the only way to get through that today without losing it is to focus on one small task at a time. If I look at the big picture, I might scream.
I have Sunny today, which just adds to the challenge. Thankfully great-grandma is coming over to play with her this morning so I can hopefully get one or two things accomplished.
I'm roasting my turkey today. This is a necessity since my kitchen is so tight on space. I learned last year at Christmas that it is too difficult to try to cook a ham & turkey in the same space. The turkey will be roasting this afternoon, Dan will carve it when he gets home tonight, and tomorrow we'll stick the slices in a crockpot with broth to warm up and to fill the house with that Thanksgiving fragrance.
I have my triple crockpot out and ready for the corn, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. Which leads me to the best Thanksgiving tip I can give you. I heard this tip over 10 years ago on the Today show one Thanksgiving morning. Make your mashed potatoes first thing in the morning after the turkey is in the oven. When they're completely prepared, stick them in the crockpot on low until ready to serve. They can sit in there for hours. If you have a newer crockpot with higher temps, use the warm setting instead.
Then five years ago, I learned a great stuffing tip from FLYlady. Instead of baking the stuffing in the oven, use the crockpot. It yields the moist-est stuffing I've ever had.
I'll try to take some photos of my crazy set-up and post them later on. So, for now, I'm concentrating on Sunny. As soon as great-grandma gets here, I'm off and running! What's on your "to do" list for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.