This week on the stitching blogs I started reading about the 2011 Crazy January Challenge. I am intrigued and intimidated by this challenge, but I may be crazy enough to try it. Most of my stitching projects are large. For instance, it takes me three months of non-stop stitching to finish most Christmas stockings that I make. I rarely stitch small projects that only take a day or two. That’s why I’m intimidated by this.
The rules are:
1. Start stitching a new design every day, from 1/1 – 1/15. So by 1/15 you have 15 new WIPs (Work In Progress) to stitch.
2. Try and finish everything you started stitching during the year 2011.
3. Show photos in your blog if you have one, in January and during the whole year while you stitch, as we all love to see photos!
Wow, the thought of having 15 started projects hanging over me is daunting. On the other hand, every year as I make my stitching to-do list, I pass by several projects I’d like to make for myself. I’m seriously thinking about doing this. The idea is that you kit up the 15 projects, and then start one a day until Jan. 15th.
I don’t know, the more I think about it, the more I think I’ll do it. If you’re not into needlework or crafts, this will be very boring for you. So, if I do it, I’ll try to limit my posts and photos to the X-stitch Projects page on my blog. Stay tuned… this could be marvelous or this could be disastrous!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.