12.31.2010

The Best-Laid Plans...

When I started thinking about writing a post for the last day of 2010, I had several ideas. Another post on looking back and looking forward. A pictorial review of the year. An inspirational piece on why we should be setting goals instead of making resolutions. But, I rejected all of those ideas and decided to post about what's on my mind.

This past year I got tired of referring to my granddaughter as “the baby” on my blog and gave her the name Sunny. My reasoning at the time was that I love the weather, so what better way to refer to my grandchildren than by weather terms.

I will be welcoming a new granddaughter to the family in March and I started researching weather terms to use for her blog name. Her name will start with a “K”, so I wanted to find weather terms beginning with the letter “K”. Uh, yeah, I don’t think this idea is going to work out. According to the Internet, the weather terms beginning with “K” include: Katabatic, Katafront, Kelvin Temperature Scale, Killing Frost, Kilopascal, Knot, Knuckles. None of these terms bring to mind a sweet baby girl. Thank goodness the meanings of the terms was included and based on that alone I would not consider any of these.

Sunny kissing her new cousin "K"
So, Plan B. I think I will wait until she is born and then I will give her a name that matches who she is. It definitely won't be a weather term beginning with the letter "K".

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.