Here we are, the first day of 2011. It stretches before us like a blank canvas, waiting to be filled with the portrait of our lives. I used to find New Year’s depressing when I was younger. I think it’s because I focused too much on what didn’t get accomplished instead of on what I did do and the blessings of the year. The past three years have changed that for me completely. I am so thankful for the blessings of 2010, and completely confident in the blessings that will come in 2011.
This morning I posted my memory verse on Beth Moore’s blog. The verse I chose is:
“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.” Job 19:25
I am excited to memorize this verse, and I already picked the verse I want to memorize beginning 1/15. I think the hardest part about participating in this is going to be seeing the verses everyone else picked and thinking, “ooh, I should have picked that one!”
I have been working on my 101 in 1001 list for a month as of today. I’m enjoying it so much! Every once in a while I find myself trying to think about accomplishing the list in a sprint, but I know that the list is really a marathon. Slow and steady is the key. If you want to see how I’m doing, click on the “101 in 1001” tab at the top of this page.
To end, I say “welcome 2011”, can’t wait to see what’s in store for this year…
What a perfect and apt verse. May 2011 hold many blessings for you and yours.
ReplyDelete