The proceeds from the sale are used to support two nonprofit human service agencies: Arizona friends of Foster Children Foundation, and Literacy Volunteers of Maricopa County.
Last year Jessica was living in Ohio and flew in for the sale. This year JD & Janel, who live in South Carolina, are flying in for the sale. I’ve started making my list and planning my strategy. They post a map on the website each year showing the layout of the sales floor. I’m checking everyday to see if this year’s map is up yet so I can plot my way through the sale.
2010 The line when we arrived
In previous years, we’ve gotten there about a half hour after the doors open and generally stood in line about 60 – 90 minutes. Last year, we got there 30 minutes before the doors opened, stood in line 45 minutes, and entered the building in the 2nd wave. Needless to say, we’re going to try to repeat that experience this year. We take our own cloth bags and rolling suitcases to put our books in. They do hand out plastic bags at the door, but they are small and your hands will be numb in no time from carrying them.
If you’re not a reader, you’re thinking we’re nuts. If you are a reader, you can understand what a great adventure this is! Check out the website for additional information. Leave me a comment if you plan to attend and I’ll keep an eye out for you!



Oh I wish I could. We have Boy Scout derby races this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI do hope to meet you at the Bloggers Tea though.