Yesterday we went over to my friend Joanna’s house to play with her three-year-old twins and one-year-old daughter. I love her kids. They are so cute and sweet. Since I’m not related to them I think that means I’m allowed to have a favorite and right now my favorite is her oldest daughter. She is hands-down the sweetest little girl I’ve known for a long time! She’s also beautiful, precocious, and does a great job of playing with Sunny. After we’d been there for quite a while yesterday, it occurred to me that Joanna and I were actually carrying on a conversation! This was because Sunny was not interrupting me after three minutes. She was playing! So she only interrupted me every seven minutes or so… plenty of time to complete at least a few sentences in an hour and a half.
Sunny loves dogs. All dogs. Real dogs. Stuffed animal dogs. Dogs in books. Dogs on TV. Puppet dogs. Cartoon dogs. Today she brought one of her dogs with her and she was walking around my living room saying, “doggie?” “doggie?” and shrugging. I said “there’s your doggie”, pointing to her stuffed dog. No, that was not what she wanted. I finally realized she was asking me where Rascal was. I said “are you looking for Rascal?” She answered yes, and I called his name and he came walking out of the office. As soon as she saw him she squealed “Doggie!” and ran up to hug him. She can say “duke” and “daisy” and she knows Rascal’s name is Rascal, but she can’t say it so he’s doggie.
She likes to put the small animals and babies on the handlebars of her grocery cart. She’ll put the larger guys in the seat, but the small ones she always carefully balances behind the handle.
Daisy laid all day today in the dog bed on an afghan. I think she’s having a bad day. Sunny left her alone all day until after lunch, when she kept covering her with a pillow and the pad I lay her on to change her diaper. Here’s poor, patient, long-suffering Daisy!
One of Sunny’s favorite books right now is “Go. Dogs. Go”. I’m sure you can guess why. She tries to read it to Rascal and Duke all the time, but they’re not a very good audience. Today, she put her baby in the reading chair, climbed up, and proceeded to read to the baby. I don’t know if it was more satisfying or not, but she looked like she was having fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.