I have heard a lot lately about “My One Word”. I finally googled it and found this website. It states:
“’My One Word’ is an experiment designed to move you beyond the past and look ahead. The challenge is simple: lose the long list of changes you want to make this year and instead pick ONE Word.This process provides clarity by taking all of your big plans for life change and narrowing them down into a single thing. One word focuses on your character and creates a vision for your future."
Hmmm, clarity? Sounds like something I need! The website then goes on to explain that resolutions seldom work because we focus on who or what we want to become, rather than on who or what God wants us to be. Makes sense to me! Check out the website for the process of choosing your word and other information.
So, I’ve been thinking about my word for a few weeks and in the end I’ve chosen the first word that popped into my mind…
Confident.
I want to be confident by the end of 2011. The website states that at the beginning it may feel awkward or unnatural to live out your word. Gee, ya think?! I’m excited though, in a cautious sort of way, and eager to see how God is going to re-shape me to be confident. I’ll let you know how it’s going, in the meantime I’ll leave you with some verses I found about confidence. And, as always, if you’ve picked ONE WORD for 2011, please share it with us by leaving a comment.
For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord, my confidence since my youth. Psalm 71:5
The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever. Isaiah 32:16-18
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.