1.05.2011

R & R

Janel picked this sign out for me as a Christmas gift. One side of the little shingle at the bottom says “open 24/7”. That’s the side I normally have showing. Yesterday after Sunny left for the week, Dan suggested that I turn it over the “Closed for R & R” side, so I did! Isn’t it cute?!

Dan has two more days of vacation from Sam’s. He goes back on Friday. Today we’re going to the movies to see “The King’s Speech” and then run some errands. We have been to more movies at the theatre in the past two weeks than we have in the past three years. Seriously. It feels so weird, yet is so fun!

I may be going to the Bridal Show with Katie this weekend. She invited Jessica and I to go. I’ve never been to one, so it would be fun.  If we go, I’m taking my camera…

I have managed to start a x-stitch project each day this year. I told Janel that it’s a little overwhelming, having that many unfinished projects hanging over my head. Some of them are quite small and the past two days, I’ve started the new project barely, and then switched back to one of the smalls which I should finish today.

I’m still plugging away at Katie’s Quilt. I just have to get that thing done. It really hangs over me.

I am very tired of the cold weather. I saw a 70 in the long range forecast. I’m just praying that it gets here sooner rather than later. Of course, I know that in six weeks or so I’ll be whining about how warm it is…

I’m off to enjoy a day with my husband. Hope you have a great day too.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute sign!

    I have to say I am absolutely thrilled that you will be joining me on the carriage ride destined for Royal Wedding Wednesdays. When I hit the "publish" button I had a momentary feeling of panic that my post would be met with only the sound crickets chirping. It has been quite the opposite, so much so that I feel we have a kindred spirit/sisterhood sorority.

    Here's to fairytales!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.