It is very cold here. As I write this it’s in the low 40s and the high today is only going to be 51. Then tonight, it’s going to drop to freezing (32) or below for several hours. I have lived here too long and can’t handle these cold temps!
We will be renewing our lease on this house in February. I’ve decided to be proactive instead of living another year in reactive mode. As I’ve stated before, this house has no closets other than the ones in the bedrooms. Both bathrooms have single vanities, so there’s very little storage under the sink. The hall bath has no drawers and our bath has two drawers. The kitchen has two double-door cabinets, three single-door cabinets, and five drawers. I have no storage space! I’ve been frustrated by this for two years and my solution has been to (literally) move stuff from one space to another as the situation warrants. When I have no guests, the guest bed serves as storage space, when I do have guests I set up tables in the garage to move that stuff to. It’s been overwhelming for someone like me who is normally highly organized. For our third year in this house, I’m resorting to packing up some items that we can live without for a year. Just think, when we finally buy a house and unpack them, they’ll seem brand new to us!
Dan is counting down the hours until his six day vacation from Sam’s Club begins. This morning he announced “36 hours to go!”. I’m praying that he will be able to go from full time to part time at the end of January.
Sunny was over yesterday. She is just the smartest little girl! (Yes, I’m biased) She is attempting to sing. She brought me the three wise men yesterday, and was “singing” before she even got them to me. When I started singing “We Three Kings”, she nodded and “sang” along. I have a little cardboard book version of “Go, Dog, Go”. She loves that book and we read it several times each day. Yesterday after I read it to her, she took it over to Rascal, opened it so he could see it, and she turned each page saying, “go, doggie, go” until she got to the “Stop, Dogs. Stop” page, then she held out her hand in a stop motion (like I do) and said “stop doggie”, before continuing with “go, doggie, go” for the rest of the book. I wish I had the camera and had filmed it!
The wind is howling. I think I’ll make a cup of hot tea and read…
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.