2. I delivered the “12 Days of Christmas” basket to my brother and sister-in-law yesterday. Kelly wasn’t home, but Mark was there to receive it and I got a couple of pictures. Yay! Mark is like me and doesn’t really enjoy being in pictures, so I was grateful to get these shots…
3. Jessica came over yesterday and we baked sugar cookies. If you look closely at the picture you can definitely tell which ones she decorated and which ones I did. I love the look of beautifully decorated cookies, but it requires way more patience and creativity than I possess. After being dissatisfied with my results for several years, I lucked out by discovering that not only do both my daughters enjoy decorating the cookies, but they’re really good at it too! 4. Please pray for Dan this week. His Sam’s Club hours are not conducive to appraisals, and he has appraisal appointments worked in around the Sam’s hours today, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. It takes about three hours to write each appraisal, so he’ll need to write them when he gets home from Sam’s at night… some nights he doesn’t get home until 8:00 pm. I’m just counting down the days until he informs them of his intention to go part-time.
5. If you know me, or if you’ve been reading this blog for a while, you know that I live in the future. That’s not to say that I don’t embrace the present, but I’m usually looking ahead. This is not always a good thing. In 2009, we began to have a motto for the year. 2009’s was “Leave Debt Behind in 2009”. 2010’s is “Start Over Again in 2010”. I began thinking about the motto for 2011 this summer and came up with “ Buying a House Would be Heaven in 2011”. Catchy, right?! Well, we found out this week that we for sure can’t even think about buying a house until 2/2012. We’re a little bummed, but not too much. However I’m totally bummed that I have to think up a new motto! All I’ve been able to come up is “Focus on Savin’ in 2011”. It doesn’t really rhyme, but it’s the best I can do.
6. I had the great privilege of being interviewed by Mrs. Santa Claus this past week. Yes, the REAL Mrs. Santa Claus. She has a great blog entitled “like Christmas every single day”. My interview will be published next Saturday, 12/18. She has published three other interviews as of today. If you get the chance, check out her blog, I think you’ll enjoy it!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.