One month from now JD & Janel will be here. I am so excited! I haven’t seen them since Christmas 2009 and I miss them dreadfully. In the meantime, I plan to store up enough memories with them during this visit to hold on to until the next time I’m with them.
We already have a jam-packed weekend planned. They will arrive on Friday around lunch time. We’re going to pick them up at Sky Harbor Airport and then drive down to Mesa for lunch and a visit to Attic Needlework to check out the latest in cross-stitch patterns and supplies. Janel is a cross-stitcher, as is Jessica. I just love that the three of us have that in common.
On Saturday morning, we get to the real purpose of their visit. The VNSA Book Sale. Oh my goodness. If you’re a reader, you have to attend this sale. There are over 600,000 books for sale, along with games, magazines, DVDs, CDs, maps, and more! If you have kids, you need to attend this sale. The children’s area is awesome. Of course it helps if you have long arms and good eyesight so you can reach over the three people in front of you to sort through the books on the table! But, more about the book sale in another post. Back to JD & Janel. After several hours at the sale, we’ll come home to gloat over our purchases and relax. JD & Janel are going out Saturday night for their Valentine’s celebration since they’ll be flying on Valentine’s Day.
Sunday afternoon, my entire little family will pose for family portraits. After that, we’re joining with the rest of our extended family for pizza and wings at Katie’s house. I’m sure I’ll bore you to tears with way too many pictures on my blog of their visit.
What can I say? I’m a proud mom…
Oh boy does this sound like the perfect weekend!
ReplyDelete