I am so enjoying this Christmas season through the eyes of Sunny.
She loves looking at the Christmas trees. Each time she walks into a room in my house that has a lit tree, she points, says “Oh, babble, babble, babble”, and claps her hands in glee. She gently touches the little tree in the kitchen and then says “no, no, no”, probably because that’s what she hears when she touches it! Each morning I take her in my room and we have a tree lighting ceremony for the tree in there. She gazes at the dark tree intently and then when the lights come on – her face lights up too!
Last year I bought the Fisher-Price Little People Nativity set. She’s had access to it in the toy bucket all year, but I haven’t placed much emphasis on it. I set it up on the lowest shelf where she could reach it this season and she plays with it every day. Her favorites are the Three Wise Men. When she brings them to me, I sing “We Three Kings” and march them along the furniture to go find Baby Jesus. Several people have sent me Jacquie Lawson’s Christmas Angel e-card this year. You can find it here. Sunny is enthralled by it. The first time we watched it, she recognized the Three Wise Men and the song “We Three Kings”. Now, we watch it more than a dozen times a day. Really. No exaggeration. She asks for it by grabbing my hand, dragging me to the “offs” and saying “ang, ang”.
I know that watching her open gifts will be a blast this year. I have to admit that on the days she’s here, my Christmas decor looks different to me. It is brighter, more twinkly, it sparkles. Decor that I’ve had for years and years looks brand new. This year I’m experiencing Christmas through the eyes of a child… and it’s beautiful.
Awww THAT is soo sweet! I'll have to get a picture of the Christmas card I sent Itty Bitty. She has practically destroyed it, by hugging and kissing it all the time. "Gigi! Gigi!" so sweet!!
ReplyDelete