12.29.2010

A Look Ahead...

Today I want to focus on looking ahead to 2011…

This past year I read my NIV/Message Bible for quiet time. I enjoyed it, but I am going back to my chronological Bible for 2011. If you’ve never read the chronological Bible I highly recommend it. You will never look at the Bible in the same way again. It’s like reading a book, chapter by chapter, in the order it happened in. It’s definitely a good way to set the events in your mind in a more easily understandable order.

The other day Beth Moore posted on her blog about a Scripture Memory Challenge she’s hosting in 2011. I’m going to try to participate in it this year. For the details, check out her blog. I think it will be easy and not take up a ton of time. It consists of picking a verse on the 1st and 15th of the month to memorize. I think I can memorize 24 verses in a year and I’m going to try my best!

This year I’m going to continue the practice I began last year of keeping a Gratitude Journal. I have so much to be grateful for and writing five items per day is a great way to start my morning.

I also plan to keep a Christmas Jar again in 2011. I loved doing it this year. I have no idea how much was in it because I didn’t count it. For those of you who don’t know, a Christmas Jar is a jar that you put all of your spare change in over the course of the year. I pulled my coins out each time it got close to being full, rolled them, and then put the paper money back in. You give the jar away to someone on Christmas Eve (or anytime Christmas week). It can be someone you know, a stranger, a family member, a friend, whoever God leads you to give it to. It is to be an anonymous gift.

I’m also going to keep saving $5 bills this year. I used cash for grocery money this year and each time I got a $5 bill I placed it in a jar. At the end of the month I deposited the money in my savings account. I’ve saved over $400 this year!

This seems to be my year for challenges. I’ve joined the “Crazy January Challenge” and will be starting one cross-stitch project each day for the first 15 days of 2011. Then I will try to complete them all before the end of the year. I’m hoping that I not only complete them, but several other projects that I need to do next year.

I’m looking forward to the arrival of two, yes two new grandbabies in 2011. Zach and Ashley’s baby girl, Kennedy Grace, is due March 4th. Katie’s new baby is due July 20th. I am so excited!

If you want to know more about what I have planned for 2011 (and beyond) you can check out the 101 in 1001 tab at the top of this page. I also made a page for the Crazy January Challenge.

I have so enjoyed writing this blog. I’m going to keep some of the elements of it, and will be adding new ones as the year progresses. I’m also committing to updating my other two blogs more regularly in 2011.

So, there’s a glimpse into the future for me. I’d enjoy hearing what goals you have for the new year.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep up with you Vicki! Great list for 2011, what a go getter. I like the Beth Moore memory challenge. I think I will attempt that. I don't know if I will get 24 but I will start.

    I am ready for 2011. It's going to be a great yea, I can just tell. :) Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.