12.01.2011

SSMT #23

When I read this verse I knew I wanted to commit it to memory. For me it represents serenity, calm, joy, and obedience. That's the great thing about the Bible. Because it is the living, breathing Word of God each verse can touch each life in a different way. Actually, a verse can mean one thing to you in a season of your life and then something different in another season of your life. The same verse. God is so awesome.

I thought it might be fun to see this verse in different translations, so I've included a few below. What's amazing to me is that in each translation the freedom of salvation shines through. I encourage you to find a verse or a few verses that speak to you and memorize them. It can be difficult (ok, it IS difficult as I get older) but well worth the reward!

Restore to me the joy of your salvation
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:12 NIV

Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
      and make me willing to obey you. NLT

Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
      and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
   Unbutton my lips, dear God;
      I'll let loose with your praise. The Message

Give me again the joy that comes from your salvation,
      and make me willing to obey you. Good News Translation

Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. King James Version

1 comment:

  1. I still like the first one... sometimes we need to pray for that willingness, don't we?
    The Message translation on this verse did not make sense to me.

    my wrod verification is glard ... i think glad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.