In 2011 I chose one word for the year. It was confident. I think I have more confidence in some areas of my life. But it's definitely still something I need to work on. For 2012 I am choosing the word "freedom".
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17
You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. Galatians 5:13
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12
I'm not looking for the freedom to run out and do whatever I want with no regard to consequences. I'm looking for freedom from the bondage of always worrying about what someone will think. Freedom from the struggle between pleasing man and pleasing God. Freedom from being a worrier. Freedom to revel in my faith. Freedom to trust God for every aspect of my life. Freedom. I feel more free just saying it...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.