12.26.2011

My Favorite Week of the Year

The week between Christmas and New Year's is my favorite week of the year. I take time during these seven days to look back at the year ending. I think about the various areas of my life. I decide what to keep in my life. And what to get rid of. I take stock of my accomplishments. I acknowledge my failures. I compile lists. I make plans. I fill out all my new calendars. I anticipate the challenges and opportunities of the coming year.

I started this special time today. By changing the template of my blog. I'm also dismantling Christmas today. Putting away the decor that has brightened our home for the past several weeks. It's kind of like transferring from a beautiful fanciful world to a realistic world. It sobers me up in a way. And that's not always a bad thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.