As you know, this year I participated in the Siestas Scripture Memory Team hosted by Beth Moore's blog. The goal was to memorize a Bible verse every two weeks throughout the year. To help in the process, we wrote the verses out in a notebook so we could work on them whenever we had a few minutes. I did great! OK, what I really mean is that I did great the first four months or so. Then I began to fall behind. Memorization is not as easy at 55 years old as it was at 10 years old. This is not an excuse. This is just the truth that it was harder than I thought it would be. But I stuck it out and I have six new verses firmly planted in my mind and heart and six verses that I can kind of quote, but don't always know the address of. I really enjoyed participating in this.
We added two new grandbabies to our family this year. I don't have the words to describe how
The appraisal business took off this year. At least in comparison to the past three years. As I write this we have received 254 orders this year. And there are still two business days to go! After the financial disaster we've been through we'll never take our income for granted. But we are feeling cautiously optimistic for 2012. And we feel blessed beyond measure for 2011. Because of the increase in the appraisals, Dan has been able to cut down to two shifts a week at Sam's Club. Yippee!
I'm pretty satisfied with the progress I made on the 101 in 1001 list. (see the tab at the top of the blog) I have some disappointments too. I'm really bummed out about my weight. I want to lose 30 pounds. But wanting doesn't make it so. I didn't meet my goal of books read in 2011. I'll try again in 2012. I started the year with anticipation for the x-stitch projects I would complete. I ended the year bogged down in too may Christmas stockings to make. I read the Chronological Bible again this year. I'll start it anew on 1/1/2012. I did a better job on keeping a budget spreadsheet in 2011, but I have a long way to go to make it more accurate. (I really suck at math, anything to do with numbers so this is a huge challenge for me). I completely ignored my "green thumb" in 2011 and I missed that activity.
All in all, 2011 has been a good year. It is a year I will look back on with gratefulness for so many blessings. Yet, I'm ready for it to end. I'm anticipating 2012. Can't wait to see what the new year will bring!
something about this post inspired me...great post.
ReplyDeletegood job on the scripture memorization, I got bogged down and never went back. I have only 3 verses down. There's next year right?
my year in review still needs to be written, thanks for the reminder.