I love holidays. In fact, you could probably say that I have a holiday addiction that almost rivals my paper addiction. To clarify, I'm talking about the major holidays.
I always say Christmas is my favorite holiday, but that's really only because it's the holiday that I spend the most time preparing for.
My least favorite holiday is New Year's Eve/Day. I think it's silly. Personally, I think the new year should start when the new school year starts. For most families, that's the real new year in their lives.
Halloween is probably my second least favorite holiday. I don't have an issue with it. I enjoy decorating the house for it. I just never had a good imagination for costumes when my kids were growing up, so Halloween was always very stressful for me. I enjoy passing out candy and seeing all the neighborhood kids dressed up. And now that I have grandchildren, I really enjoy going to their home for trick-or-treating!
Thanksgiving is my second favorite holiday. I love everything about it. The decor, the food, the time together with family. The fact that Christmas is right around the corner...
I also really enjoy the 4th of July. For some reason, it has evolved into a holiday where I pause and take stock of my life. What have I accomplished so far this year? What do I need to accomplish before the year is over? What does next year look like from here? I started this when the kids were in high school. That's when time really sped up for me. One year I had my oldest in high school and then I blinked and they had all four graduated!
If you share my obsession enjoyment of Christmas, be sure to check out my Christmas blog.
And don't worry, I don't plan to be like one blogger I came across. She literally has a separate blog for each holiday! She only updates them during that particular season. Plus, she has a couple of other non-holiday blogs. She must be a prolific writer...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.