4.23.2011

A Third-Generation Cross-Stitcher?

I rarely cross-stitch when Sunny is over. I can only manage a half dozen stitches before she wants or needs something. This day she was playing well by herself so I decided to see if I could get a couple of rows stitched.

She came over to watch and then climbed up into my lap to see better. I told her I was stitching and she repeated the word - stitching. I then showed her the thread, the needle and let her watch the needle go up and down into the fabric.

She thought that was pretty cool and kept saying "stitching". She climbed up and down from my lap a few times. On the last time in my lap, she took her pointer finger and was moving it up and down like my needle.

Is it too much to hope? Maybe she'll be interested in the needle arts!

I didn't have on my stitching glasses, so I was looking over my
everyday glasses - real attractive, isn't it?!

2 comments:

  1. I was lamenting to my friend Jenny that I thought such skills might be lost in this next generation. How happy that it may very well continue.

    Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet picture of the two of you while stitching. I hope she does indeed grow up to love stitching as much as you do.

    Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.