I received my 2011 Cross-Stitch Calendar in the mail yesterday. That means my Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments can't be far behind. Which means I'm in official Christmas mode.
I know I'm strange, but every year about this time I start gearing up for Christmas. I love the planning and anticipation of the holiday, and I always try to be completely "done" with Christmas by Thanksgiving so that I can have fun the month of December.
So with that in mind, I'm launching my weekly updates to the Christmas Corner page today. I will update the page every Wednesday for the next few months. In the fall, I'll probably update it more often.
I would love to hear about how you "do" Christmas. I'm always up for organizing ideas, gift ideas, decorating ideas... basically any ideas for making this special holiday more special. Be warned though, I will steal your great ideas and even publish them on the Christmas Corner page!
For the 12 days of Christmas, you could do Gingerbread, Candy Canes, or Deck the Halls. Also, all I can think about all of a sudden are the titles of Christmas carols, maybe you could do that one year. Another year, you could also do the nativity through the eyes of each different character of the nativity scene. So, on day 1, you could have a cow describing what she saw, give the person some cookies (made with milk), and the cow figurine from a nativity set you're going to give them. Oh, even better, day 1 could be "Setting the Stage". Give them the stable and a string of pretty lights. Day 3, the donkey. You could give them a pair of gloves to warm them on their journey. Oh...I think I'm on to something here!! :)
ReplyDeleteokay, just kidding about cookies made with milk...but something made with milk! :)
ReplyDelete