John Grisham's newest thriller written for the 8-12 year old reader is excellent. Of course, I haven't read a young adult book since high school, so it was hard for me to judge its possible popularity with that demographic.
The story was riveting and it seems to me that Mr. Grisham definitely left it open for more installments about this character. The plot was good, as in most of his books, and the only difference that was readily detectable to me was the decrease in sophistication of the characters. They were likable, and I did feel as if I "knew" them, but he did not go into as much detail in developing the characters.
All in all, it was a great book. John Grisham is one of the most versatile authors of this time. I have read every book he's written, and highly recommend this book, even to an adult audience.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.