5.14.2010

Expanding My Blog Universe

Now that I've been writing the blog for six months, I'm starting to get more bold about exploring other blogs.

In the past few weeks in particular, I have stumbled across some really cool ones. One of the neatest things about this, is that they are all written by women who share my faith in the Lord. One of the discouraging things about these blogs, is that they look like they are professionally designed. My friend Melanie looked at one of them and confirmed that it is professionally designed.

Kinda of made me feel simple.

But then I remembered that I like simple, so it stands to reason that my blog would reflect that.

There's a lot going on in these blogs that I don't understand. Like, why and how do they do giveaways? Why does it seem like other people write posts on these blogs? How do they get to use cooler fonts on their blogs than I can? What does it mean when it says "grab my button for your blog"?

These and many other questions serve as a daily reminder to me that I am a novice blogger. It's not that I necessarily want to do giveaways, or let other people post, or let someone grab my button... I just want to understand how it all works. I DO however, want to have cooler fonts.

I was thrilled with myself when I started my second blog... when I figured out how to add pages to this blog... when I imported a free theme from thecutestblogontheblock.com...

But I'm ready to take it up a notch, or at least expand my horizons. I'm going to list some of the blogs I've discovered in the blog, blog, blog column to the right of this page. Some of them have waaay too much text, and I have to be in a certain mood to read the whole thing. Some of them are too busy for my taste, but I appreciate the elements that make up the blog.

Besides having a place to vent and to share my thoughts, the thing I have enjoyed most about blogging, is finding the blogs of friends I've lost touch with. I enjoy reading about their lives, their kids, their husbands. I enjoy catching up with them... some after several years.

Finally, if you know the answers to any of my blog questions, please let me know. It probably won't result in changes to my blog, but at least I'll know how the rest of them do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.