5.24.2010

Another Sunny Weekend at Grammy's

We had another fun overnight at Grammy's this past weekend.

It started with lunch and shopping on Saturday with Katie and the baby. I told Katie that after she turns one year old, I'd like to continue the once a month sleepovers, but I'm gonna drop the officialy monthly photos. I wanted to do that the first year for a scrapbook project. It will be fun to look back at those photos in the years to come.

Afterward, Katie dropped us off at my house and the fun began! Sunny's at the stage now where she can entertain herself for a couple of minutes without my undivided attention. However, it's not long before she's toddling into the kitchen to see what I'm doing. I really don't try to accomplish anything while she's over. I much prefer to play with her, read a book, sing a song, or walk all over the house.

She's definitely developing verbally. She'll look me in the eye with intent and spout off sentences of a language I don't understand. She's doing well with the signing too (much better than Grammy!). She signs "all done" and "milk". As a matter of fact she kept signing milk at me on Sunday, but I didn't know what it meant until Katie told me later that night! Maybe I should take a class...

Sunday night we had some of the family over to celebrate Zach's 21st birthday. Our attention was divided between watching Sunny and watching the Lakers/Suns game on TV. Guess who got watched more!

My grandma embroidered the sheet she's sleeping under for me
when I was a baby. I love using vintage linens with a family history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.