I just finished reading the Book of Proverbs for my daily quiet time. For whatever reason, this time through I was touched by many verses. Hmmm, maybe God thinks I need some tweaking?! So, for the next several days (maybe a month or more, I really underlined a lot of verses) I'm going to be featuring verses from Proverbs in the Daily Verse column at the right of this page.
So far this year I've read Job, Romans, Psalms, Galatians, Ephesians, Hosea, Proverbs, and am currently reading Ecclesiastes. Next I'm headed to Isaiah. I'm reading from my NIV/Message Bible. Each passage is printed side by side for easy comparison. I read each chapter first in NIV, then The Message version. I'm enjoying it, but I'll be honest, I'm 90% sure that next year I'm going back to the chronological Bible.
Not that you're really interested in what I'm reading for my quiet time, I just didn't want you to wonder why I was stuck on verses from Proverbs!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.