This morning as I watching the coverage of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, I saw something beautiful. They were showing the oil slick floating on top of the ocean water. The sun was reflecting off the oil in the most beautiful colors. It really was breathtaking. It made me stop and think of all the times I've seen beauty in a disaster.
When hurricanes are forming and they show the radar of the size and shape of the storm, I just think it's so awesome... and beautiful. To me, that picture shows the power and creativity of God. I feel the same way when a storm is forming. The cloud shapes and colors, the way they change as they move closer, the speed of dark clouds racing underneath the canopy of lighter clouds. I know I'm strange, but I appreciate the splendor.
Sometimes even the aftermath of storms have their own special loveliness. A lone tree standing upright and untouched in a scene of utter destruction from high winds can be magnificent. A few tiny flowers poking up through the mud after a flood can be exquisite.
And then, there's the disasters in our own lives. I know many people that have gone through terrible circumstances, yet as they're in the midst of disaster what do I see? Their beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.