4.19.2010

Finally... Animal Pancakes!

From the day our granddaughter was born, Dan has been impatiently waiting for her to be old enough to eat animal pancakes. This is a specialty of his that he used to make for our kids all the time. He uses a freestyle method and ladles pancake batter onto the griddle in the shapes of many animals. A few of his shapes include: Mickey Mouse, turtle, snake, kitty, elephant, and of course occasionally, a Christmas ornament (that's what he calls the basic round pancake!)

This past weekend, on Saturaday morning, he finally got his wish. He made animal pancakes for the baby. He made her three pancakes (I don't know WHAT he was thinking), a snake, a mickey mouse, and a turtle. She kind of ate the snake. Doesn't matter, in Dan's eyes, the tradition continues.

Way to go, Gramps!

"You expect me to eat that?!"

"Ohhh, Animal Pancakes!"

"Wait a minute, I wanted the turtle."

Sunday morning... back to cereal

Riding Brownie. She can rock him a little on her own now.

Guess which team her Papi is rooting for?!

Lakers Girl

"Grammy, if you take one more picture of me, I'm gonna scream!"

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Traditions are the best. That first picture made me laugh out loud :) Love her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dad is in love...BIG time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures. You guys are just the best grandparents. I bet Katie has to deprogram her when she gets home. ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.