"Meet Me in St Louis" is one of my favorite movies. My favorite line from that movie comes during the Halloween sequence. Katie, the maid, announces "Another Halloween and we're all a year older!"
That seems to be how I mark the milestones in a year these days. This morning I actually thought to myself, "Another Tax Day and we're all a year older". I had that same thought after Valentine's Day and Easter.
Time is a huge factor in my life. I have a tendency to live in the future rather than the present. I'm always looking ahead to the next event, the next birthday, the next holiday. For me, the anticipation is better than the actual event.
I had a pastor tell me once that when we get to Heaven, time will no longer be a factor for us. Wow, that really rocked my thinking! For a while I kind of worried about that. But now, I can see the rest in that thought. Time won't be a factor, that means I won't be worrying, plotting, planning for the next event, birthday, or holiday.
I will be at rest, safe and secure in the presence of the Lord.
If you won't be worrying and planning you better brush up on your harp strumming. You'll need something to do. :)
ReplyDelete