4.22.2010

Earth Day

My memory may be a little foggy, after all it was 40 years ago AND it was the 70s, but I remember the poster a friend gave me for Earth Day in 1970. It was a psychedelic style rendition of the state of California. Written in all types of crazy fonts was all of the things we would miss if CA had an earthquake and fell into the ocean.

Things like: Disneyland, Jefferson Airplane, the corner of Haight/Ashbury...

The colors were garish oranges, browns, yellows. You can just imagine.

It was the coolest poster I ever saw. I hung it on the back of my bedroom door.

I have no idea what that had to do with Earth Day, but every year when it rolls around that's the picture that comes into my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.