1.20.2010

Wake-up Call

Well, the Republican won in Massachusetts. Wow. I appreciated Scott Brown's comment that this was a "win for Independents". That's my thought, too. I'm sure there will be plenty of Republicans gloating over this win, but they are missing the bigger picture. This was not only a wake-up call for the Dems, but for the Republicans also.

People are tired, angry, and frustrated at the way things work in Washington. The Congress has had the lowest approval ratings for months. Yet, they continue to ignore the outcry and conduct business as usual.

Even if you're not very political it's easy for your voice to be heard - you can vote. Mid-term elections will be held in November. You can be prepared by paying attention to who's running for what in your state. Get to know the candidates; it's never been easier than it is now with the Internet. Vote for the person who most matches your belief system. Don't fall into the trap of thinking your vote doesn't count. I don't care if your spouse/family/friend votes for the exact opposite of you; that doesn't cancel your vote. EVERY vote counts.

2010 is going to be a fascinating year! Make sure you play an active role in deciding our futures.

2 comments:

  1. I like the results of this election but worry that voters will be happy about this small win and go back to sleep. Hopefully I'm wrong and this is just the tip of the iceberg....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and go out to get registered to vote!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.