1. Today is the special election in Massachusetts to replace the late Senator Ted Kennedy. It is going to be an exciting election, and could well set the tone for the 2010 Election Cycle.
I am a political junky (plus I'm addicted to the news in general), so the fact that it's time for the mid-terms is exciting for me. I have long been a proponent of more than two political parties. The first time I could vote for President, I voted for the independent candidate. I am registered as a Republican, but I'm very independent and tend to vote for the person, not the party.
This year, I'm watching the Tea Party candidates with interest. In my opinion, they have the best shot of any group (in my lifetime) of becoming a true third party choice. At this point, regardless of who wins in Massachusetts, this race has been a referendum on health care reform.
It remains to be seen if anyone in Washington, DC is listening...
2. I am so thrilled! Four people have contacted me regarding donations for the orphanage in Haiti. This weekend we're going to the 99 cent store to buy baby shampoo, etc. I plan to call the office in CO before I ship to confirm their needs and shipping instructions.
3. It rained here yesterday, and there is a chance of rain every day this week. Yippee! They are forecasting that we may get up to 3 inches from this series of storms. That's more rain than we had the entire year of 2009. I plan to soak up (no pun intended) these cloudy days, they are so rare here.
enjoy the rain while it lasts.
ReplyDeletewell we are getting freezing rain tonight, maybe no school tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI've gotta check out the projected outcome in Mass.
I think I'm just going to send $$ to Colorado. Thanks for bring my attention to this.
Just noticed that Scott Brown won. Wonder what will happen now. Exciting!!
ReplyDeleteyou have rain and we're celebrating that it'll be almost 40 at the end of the week! WOO HOO!!!! my, have my perspective has changed! :)
ReplyDelete