1.14.2010

Winter Gala

We experienced another "grandparent moment" yesterday. Katie's daycare hosted their first annual "Winter Gala". When Katie called to invite us, I was thinking, "what in the world can a 7-month old do?" But, of course, we were happy to accept her invitation.

Each class in the school "sang" 1-3 songs. Each class. It started with the infants. They were brought in by their teachers in costume. The audience sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to them. It was precious. Yes, we took pictures, however, we did not wave.

Each class in turn came in, sang (actually the teachers sang til we got to the older two year olds). Some of the kids were terrified of the audience, some of them were hams, all of them were cute! I saved two programs so I can scrapbook them.

Actually, the high point for me, was hearing the director of the center praising my daughter, Katie, the assistant director. I've seen Katie in action at work, and she is a terrific administrator. It was neat to hear it from her boss.

I texted Katie last night and told her "Now we've been to the Harvest Festival & the Winter Gala, we can't wait for the Spring Fling!" ha ha ha

Entering "the stage"

More interested in Mama than in the audience singing

Waving at Grammy & Gramps

Katie's determined that this child will have pigtails!

Proud Gramps with the pooped performer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.