1.17.2010

Help for Orphanage in Haiti

It may be a drop in the bucket, but I want to send supplies to God’s Littlest Angels Orphanage in Haiti. I learned of this orphanage when I used to watch “Adoption Stories” on TLC. When the earthquake struck, they were the first thing I thought of.

I get overwhelmed when I watch the earthquake coverage on the news. There are so many stories that I don’t hear the resolution to. It is heartbreaking. I know there are many organizations we can give money to, but I find it more manageable to think about helping one specific place. Also, sometimes it’s easier for us to give things rather than cash. GLA is an independent, non-denominational ministry founded to care for premature, malnourished, and abandoned children in Haiti. GLA is a faith mission relying on God to provide funding and other needs through churches and donors throughout North American and Europe.

I’m getting together supplies to send to this orphanage. They normally have a list of items they need on their website and of items they don’t need. Because of the earthquake, and the devastation around them, they are collecting almost everything to distribute in their community. If you live in the Phoenix Metropolitan area and want to donate, you can bring your items to my house or contact me, and Dan or I will try to come get them. If you live outside of the Phoenix area and want to help, I will include the contact information at the bottom of this post.

The items I’m collecting are:
Powdered formula
diapers
baby wipes
baby cereal
infant Tylenol
infant/children’s vitamins
Baby care items (lotion, powder, baby shampoo)
clothing for all sizes
hygiene items (soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste)
Blankets
towels

If you can help with any of this, just get it to me. Beth Ryall & I will be packing it and shipping it to Colorado Springs. They will get it on to the orphanage. Please have the items to me by Monday, 1/25/2010. Please forward this email to anyone you think would be interested in helping.

Contact information for the orphanage
http://glahaiti.org/
http://godslittlestangelsinhaiti.org/

God’s Littlest Angels
2085 Crystal River Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Thank you to everyone who can help. I’m not sure why this has touched my heart so, but it has. I’ve never done anything like this in my life. I just want to help.
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. good for you. All it takes is a lot of people doing a little bit and we can make a big difference in the lives of many. I'll give you a call. Wondering if I can just send $$.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked out the blog.

    No words!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.