Hallelujah, I finished a project last night! My granddaughter's Christmas stocking. Of course, I have several other projects quietly screaming for my attention...
Years ago I acquired the bad habit of starting several projects at once. I don't know why, maybe I enjoyed the pressure. Then one day when Zach was about 2 years old, I suddenly stopped cross-stitching. I mean completely stopped, cold turkey. I think the whirlwind of having 4 kids got to me. My projects sat in a box for a decade, literally.
One day in the year 2000, I decided to cross-stitch again. The kids were growing up, I couldn't afford professional therapy, maybe working with my hands would help! I dragged out my stitching, and was overwhelmed with the four partially completed projects facing me. I finished the two that I liked, and with huge guilt, I threw away the two that my life had passed by.
Since that day, I have cross-stitched steadily. I started keeping track of the projects I make and who they're for. I do not have more than one project going at a time... until this past year. I'm not sure what happened, I think it was the stress of our job situation. But I now have 2 unfinished projects that I need to complete. I'll think about them tomorrow. For today, I'm going to bask in the pleasure of having completed something.
And, for a break, I'm going to scrapbook!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.