
I'm going to whine. It's hot here! Today it's to be 98, tomorrow 100. Way too hot for mid October, in my opinion.
I have the house decorated for Fall. I'm ready for Halloween. I'm thinking about Thanksgiving while I wrap Christmas presents. I'm going to start my baking next week (thank goodness for freezers!). I do not want to be doing all of that with the hum of the A/C in the background.
I really shouldn't complain. We've had a streak of days in the 80s, which is really unusual for here. Normally we go from the low 90s to the 70s with barely a stop in the 80s.
And I really am thankful that I don't live where it gets really cold or snows. I don't have any clothes that are appropriate for temps lower than the 60s. As I've told my married kids, if you live in the northeast, the window of opportunity for a visit from us is 4th of July through Labor Day. If you live in the midwest, the window is from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
So, I really have nothing to whine about after all, but thanks for indulging me for a few moments. Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.