10.24.2009

Paper Clutter

Ok, this post is really about paper addiction, I just couldn't bring myself to use that word in the title. I am addicted to paper. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I admitted this to myself a few years ago, and yes, I also admitted it to a close friend for accountability purposes.

I LOVE paper!

All things paper: paper plates, napkins, scrapbook paper, stickers, sticky notes, envelopes, note cards, ribbons, bows, lists (I love lists! the kind that hang on the refrigerator), calendars (I really love calendars, I could own a dozen and not be satisfied!). You get the idea.

The problem is I love to buy paper products, but I don't use them once I get them home. They're too cute, or too unique, or too expensive. Whatever, I really don't need an excuse.

So, a couple of years ago when I realized that I keep bringing paper in the house, but it never goes out, I made a conscious decision to start a recovery process. The first thing I did was to use the great refrigerator lists that I had bought, one for each month. They were so cute! It was hard, but this year I used them up. And even better, I've restrained myself from buying new ones. This is harder than you might think, because Current Catalog has about 4 sets of lists I'd love to have!

Slowly but surely, I'm whittling away at all of my paper stashes. As usual, when it comes to decluttering, I feel much better. I can breathe. I can look at paper products now and tell myself, "no, you can't buy those until you use up all the ones you have at home."

Don't be too impressed, though. Now, I buy all the cute lists, sticky notes, note cards, etc. for gifts for my friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.