3.25.2011

Grandchildren, Miscellaneous

Sunny was over yesterday. Dan had a day off from Sam's and was doing yard work. Sunny loves to be outside. She stands at the sliding door and chants "outguy, outguy" over and over again. Her wish came true yesterday. She played outside most of the time she was here. I bought chalk at IKEA several months ago and yesterday seemed like a good day to bring it out. She enthusiastically grasped the idea of coloring on the patio. Unfortunately, she left the purple chalk out and Duke ate it. Otherwise the chalk was a success!






We traveled down to Mesa yesterday afternoon to have dinner with Zach, Ashley, and Baby K. What a sweetie! I hadn't seen her for more than a week, she's really changed. Her arms and legs are so long. Guess she got those from her daddy! True to my word, I held her as much as I could. I was gracious though, and Dan held her during dinner.







It has been my intention to call the grandchildren by weather terms. I don't feel comfortable using their real names on my blog. I'm really having a tough time coming up with a name for Baby K. I think I'm rushing it. So I'm going to hold off in naming her. She's stuck with Baby K for a while till I get to know her and can come up with a name that fits her. I may have to abandon the weather term idea and go with something else that's descriptive of who she is.

I can't believe I have two granddaughters! Soon to be joined by a grandson. It is the coolest thing ever!

We had family photos taken a while back. I'm getting my prints next week. I am so excited! The photos are so good and I'm thrilled to add them to my photo gallery wall. We're planning another session in the fall with all three grandchildren - another four generation shoot. I'm telling you, if you live in the Phoenix area and want photos of your kids, I highly recommend Joanna Polling Photography. But you don't have to take my word for it. You can check out her work here. She's fantastic. I will be sharing some of my photos when I get them.

2 comments:

  1. Baby K is beautiful! What about calling her Rainbow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you shared Baby K with gramps long enough to take a pic.

    Save "tornado" for one with colic...ha ha Never know, that little boy might put a spin on things in Katie's house. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.