10.13.2010

Witnessing a Miracle

What a privilege we have to be witnessing a miracle on our television screens. The rescue of the miners in Chile is awesome. Tears roll down my cheeks with each safe return from the bottom of the mine to their families waiting above. I can't imagine what it was like down in that mine. A constant 90 degree heat, near darkness, the press of 33 bodies in a confined space, the never-ending anxiety. Sounds like a good definition of hell to me. I am in awe at the physical, mental, and emotional strength of the miners. I'm in awe of the skill of those who have been working for weeks on the problem of how to get them out. I'm in awe of the God that knew this situation would occur, knew each person that would be involved, and knew the outcome would be successful. I'm in awe that the world can have a front seat view to a miraculous answer to prayer. Our God is an awesome God.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.