It occurred to me that my blog might be approaching the one year mark, so I checked and found out that I actually missed it. The one year date was October 14th.
When I started blogging a year ago I was so nervous.
I was afraid that it was above my tech skills. I was right and wrong about that. I've learned so much more than I thought I would. There is so much more that I want to learn. Maybe I'll learn more next year.
I was nervous that I wouldn't have anything to write about. Some of you probably think that was a fear realized and that I really don't have anything to write about. You'll notice, however, that it hasn't kept me from writing anyway.
I was afraid that the blog would not be a secure and safe place for me to write about my family. Fortunately, that has not been the case so far. I did choose to not use my granddaughter's real name, opting to call her by a weather term that matches her personality. I plan to keep that up as more grandchildren come along. I'm looking forward to Tornado. Windy. Rain. Stormy. Cloud. Thunder. Mist...
I doubted that I would keep up with it. That has not been a problem. I generally have something to say every few days or so (at least I think I have something worth saying).
I had no idea how much I would enjoy this. I love to write. I am opinionated. I can (and will) talk to anyone about anything at anytime and the blog has fulfilled those needs. As a matter of fact, I enjoyed this personal blog so much that I started a political blog and a recipe blog as well. I don't keep up with them as often, but I hope to improve in those areas in the new year.
I think my blog will continue to evolve as I learn more about blogging and as my life, and what I have to say about it continues to change.
The best thing, hands down, about the blog is the people that I've come to know through it. Some are former co-workers. Some are strangers. Some are friends I've known for years. All are "blog friends". Thanks for reading. I enjoy your comments. And I'm now obsessed with reading all of your blogs...
Happy late blog birthday! I'm glad I met you through blogging.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday blog! I enjoy reading your writings Vicki.
ReplyDelete