10.27.2010

The Christmas Countdown Marches On

This morning when I opened my blog and saw that there are only 59 days ‘til Christmas, I shivered. I felt a moment of panic. I think this is because last year I set an all-time record by having all of my shopping done and gifts wrapped by Halloween. This year I will definitely meet my goal of being ready by Thanksgiving, but I can feel the pressure of last year’s record!

I’m keeping the car today so I can run errands. One of those errands will enable me to finish another person on my list. I actually feel pretty good about my shopping/wrapping. What’s weighing on my mind is decorating. I have the desire to start in on my extra Christmas trees, but I hold off wondering if it’s too early. I want to start early enough that I’m not overwhelmed by trying to do five trees in a week, but not so early that I’m sick of looking at them by December 5th!

I’ve noticed on several blogs that other people have already started on their extra trees. Curiously, this gave me some comfort. Knowing that I’m not the only person that obsesses focuses on this holiday.

Yesterday I put away my Halloween and my decor is set for Thanksgiving. I have purchased my ingredients for all of the side dishes and am just waiting for the turkey sales. All of my paper goods are stacked in the pantry. I’ve looked for Thanksgiving invites in three stores, but haven’t found any this year. If I don’t find some today I’ll design my own.

Only 59 days ‘til Christmas… yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.