10.23.2010

Happy Birthday, Melanie!

Today is my friend Melanie’s birthday. Melanie and I met over ten years ago when she came to work at CCV. After we moved to the “new building” her cubicle was next to mine. That’s when we started to get better acquainted. She quit work after having her second daughter. We talked occasionally, and walked the mall together some. We were just getting to know each other pretty well when she moved to Nebraska.

Our friendship flourished through phone calls, cards, and emails. Melanie is one of my wisest friends. She is also funny, practical, generous, extremely creative, talented, and gives great advice. We can talk about literally any subject… and we do! We discuss our faith, politics, our families, church, gardening, blogging, home appliances, scrapbooking, card making, the economy, our mothers, and more. She has been an encouragement to me during the darkest days of my life. I always feel optimistic after a phone conversation with her. And I feel assured knowing that she’s praying for me.

I’ve only seen her face-to-face twice since she moved to Nebraska, but it doesn’t matter. I always feel like she’s just down the street when we talk. She’s grown very special to me and even though we’re miles apart, I am celebrating her today.

mel 001

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for the birthday wishes and unbelievably kind words. What a fantastic birthday gift from a dear friend. If for no other reason, working at CCV was such a blessing because I got to know you.

    I think I better print that and reread it when I feel low and unappreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.