Shopping - I have done tons of Christmas shopping this past week without even trying to! I have 10 people in my immediate family to shop for and I am done with three of them. I am almost done with three more, and I have four people that I haven't started yet. I just love it when it comes together effortlessly.
Good News - for Teresa over at the Grammy Girlfriend blog. Jack was able to be moved to a rehab facility back home in Shreveport. Keep them in your prayers. Teresa has bronchitis which has limited her time with Jack, but the rest of the family is visiting him often. I never realized before what a long, slow recovery period stroke patients (and their families) endure. Click here for her blog.
Election - the election excitement is really heating up. I am watching at least a dozen races with extreme interest. I can't wait for Nov. 2nd. I got my mail-in ballot last week and I plan to fill it out and mail it early next week. The 2000's have had some really exciting elections, some of the best that I can remember since I started voting. On Nov. 3rd I will begin to get excited for the 2012 Presidential Election. I need to find a countdown clock to put on my political blog for that one...
Weather - I'm not even going to waste my breath or your time by whining again about how hot it is here. I'm going to concentrate on the positive; which is that by next Tuesday they're calling for temps in the low 80s with a chance of (gasp) rain! I'll believe it when I see it. Actually, I'll believe it when I feel it.
Vacation - Dan's vacation from Sam's Club comes to an end on Sunday. He heads back to work on Monday and both of us are bummed. Well, I mean we're grateful that he has the Sam's Club job, we just wish we could see an end in sight. August & September were both terrific months for appraisals, and October has started off with a bang. We're praying that the rest of the year holds steady. He plans to re-evaluate things at the end of January and make a decision about going part-time.
Thanksgiving - on a final note, I want to remind you that six weeks from today is Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for this year. Fortunately, I'm not waiting til Thanksgiving to start counting my blessings.
i like your background and I like the married thing at the top. oh and in case you forgot janel and i are done christmas shopping...i am surprised that we beat you and probably everyone else for that matter...
ReplyDelete