Still praying - for Teresa over at Grammy Girlfriend. Her husband Jack is still in Baylor Medical Center, although they're hoping to transfer him to a rehab center in Shreveport, LA soon. It is so encouraging to me to read the comments on her blog of all the people praying for them. Especially the ones that begin "I only know you through your blog...". I think it's so cool that ministry takes place on the Internet through blogs and other social media. Kind of makes up for all the really scary stuff you hear about.
Weather - Today the high for the Phoenix area is only going to be in the upper 80s. Yippee! We have our doors and windows open and our A/C is off. I love the fresh air! We'll probably have to turn it back on for the weekend when the temps head back up into the 90s, but last night was great sleeping weather with the windows open.
Daisy - This item is probably more for my kids than anyone else. We took Daisy (our little chihuahua) to the vet today. She has a cataract in her eye (her other eye was removed before we rescued her), her hearing is definitely almost gone, and she may have diabetes. We did some limited lab work on her and are waiting for the results. Then we will decide how to proceed. The vet talked to us about what kind of issues to look for in an aging pet. We don't want to selfishly keep her alive once she becomes miserable. Right now, she still plays occasionally (especially with Sunny!) and has really good days. Don't worry, we will not spend a ton of money on her. Although I love her to pieces, I know she's a pet, not a child. We told the vet that she seems to hear Sunny's voice the best and he said she's probably lost her lower register of hearing. Guess I'll have to teach Sunny to say more real words so we can use her as an interpreter for Daisy!
Whining - You may not want to read this part, I'm going to whine. I've had a sore throat since Saturday. It is driving me nuts. It burns and scratches and nothing I do helps. I've drunk so much cold water and hot tea that I spend half my time in the bathroom. I wish someone would invent a cure for the sore throat. Soon.
Vacation - Dan is on vacation from Sam's Club through 10/18. We scheduled the vacation because we planned a trip to SC to visit JD & Janel, but Dan's appraisal work has increased so much that we didn't want to miss the opportunity for income. We're hoping that he'll get tons of work this next several days, but I also hope he'll be able to sleep in a couple of days and that we'll have time for some fun stuff.
Enjoy the day!
Do you think you could have strep throat? Sorry your throat is sooo sore. Get better soon!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better soon Vicki!
ReplyDelete