Sometime late last Spring or early Summer I blogged about wanting to have multiple Christmas trees at some point in my life. I included the link to a woman who has over 12 trees in her home. I stated that I thought I would be satisfied with eventually having five trees. I tried to find that post, but I must have put it on the Christmas Corner page and it's gone now.
The point of my post was that I have a main tree and a little two or three ft. tree for Dan's office. I decided to buy a "primitive" style tree for the guest room and decorate it in a snow theme. When Hobby Lobby put their trees on 50% off last month, I splurged and bought two new trees. A three foot for Dan's office, but in the primitive style and a four foot for the guest room.
Well, I didn't think to realize that now I have four trees, counting the one I'm replacing in Dan's office.
This past Saturday we were at Big Lots and Dan said "did you see your Christmas tree?". I said no, show it to me and he took me over to this beautiful lavender aluminum tree! It is the most gorgeous shade of purple. I laughed and said I have no where to put that tree and how would I decorate it anyway? He said they only have one in stock and I think you should get it.
So, now I'm the proud owner of five Christmas trees. One of which is a four foot lavender aluminum tree pre-lit with clear lights. I didn't realize I would reach my goal this quickly... especially in a house that's barely big enough for my seven foot main tree!
My plan for now is to have the three foot primitive in Dan's office. The four foot primitive in our bedroom. The main tree in the living room. The purple tree in the guest room. The old two or three foot office tree in the window seat of the dining room (if it's not too wide). All of a sudden I'm really excited, thinking about themes for each tree, what I'll use for tree skirts, etc.
I'm ready to start decorating...
This cracks me up...;)
ReplyDeleteOh Joanna would die if she saw my tree obsession.
ReplyDeleteVicki, I love this post...I can just see you with a purple tree. :) Olivia's tree is bright pink, beware, those trees really reflect the light. Emma and Reagan leave their trees on all night but liv's is too bright.