8.05.2010

Thursday Thoughts

Thank goodness my refrigerator is fixed. Now we'll see how long it lasts. I will say that this tech was much more professional from the start, so I have high hopes that he really did fix it. There was a loose wire which caused the defrost thermostat to malfunction. I never needed the two new computer boards that the other company installed. It is so frustrating!

My birthday is coming next week. I love my birthday, I always have and I probably always will. I'm not ashamed of my age, I'm proud of it. I enjoy having a day to celebrate myself without feeling guilty or egotistical. One of the best things about birthdays these days is that I get all of these coupons and free stuff in my email basket every day in the week leading up to the actual date. Plus, Dan turns 55 this year, and I noticed on the Fry's ad yesterday that the first Wed of the month is Seniors Day and you get %10 off your bill. Yippee!

Can I just tell you that holding a grandchild in your lap with her head pressed against your chest is the next best feeling in the world to holding your own child that way?! Sunny didn't feel good on Tues/Wed this week. Yesterday, she sat for most of her time here (when she wasn't napping) on my lap with her head pressed into my chest. I sing to her when she sits that way. I guess the vibrations of my voice must sound cool through my chest wall. Anyway, it's the most precious thing in the world.

I used to love watching the Weather Channel. I'm totally into weather and there is no statistic too bizarre for me to file away in my brain. Since the WC became part of the NBC family, I've been very disappointed and rarely watch it. Seriously, do we need to get news stories slanted to NBC's political agenda on the Weather Channel?! I don't. I just want the weather forecast, facts, and figures. Plus, they gear it all to the east coast time zone now and from about 7 pm on we get the re-run here in Phoenix. I want current weather, not 10 pm EDT weather. It just sucks.

Speaking of the weather, August 10 is the average last day for 110 degrees or higher in the Phoenix area. That's a milestone to look forward to. As we all know, average doesn't really mean a thing. The latest 110 degree or higher day that we've had was on September 15 - ugh. We have to wait until September 28 for the average last 100 degree or higher day. In 2003 it was 100 or above on October 23. I remember that year, it was very warm that Halloween.

I have a lot more thoughts for Thursday, but they're best shared on my political blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.