Joanna's kids are so cute and welcomed Sunny & I from the start. They played well together and shared their toys willingly. It was fun to watch the two babies, I mean toddlers interact. And I really enjoyed getting a chance to talk with Joanna.
![]() |
| This photo explains why she's the professional & I'm not! |
We met when she became a co-worker in 2000 (I think). In getting to know her, I found out that I had met her parents years ago at a new members get-together at our pastor's house. Her mom in particular stayed in my memory because she was a cross-stitcher too. I also discovered that Joanna had my son JD in her Sunday School class when he was in 3rd grade. Plus, her birthday is the same as Katie's, July 3rd. I'll never forget it! Our friendship developed at work and I always enjoyed the time I got to spend with her.
When we were co-workers, the age difference did not matter, at least to me. I have to admit though, that going to her house to play with her kids with my granddaughter made me feel very old, at least for a few moments. But, thankfully, once we got to talking that "old" feeling disappeared and I found myself enjoying our camaraderie.
We had such fun, and are planning to do it again.
Friendships... what would we do without them?!


We had so much fun Vicki, I'm glad you guys came over. We need to do that more often. I still can get over that JD is a grown and married. It seems like he was in my sunday school class just yesterday. Oh, and that second picture made me laugh!
ReplyDelete