8.30.2010

Changes

This week brings many changes:

Dan's birthday is tomorrow and he's turning 55. Happy Birthday! He informed me last week that this birthday is bothering him. I was really taken aback because I can't remember him ever having a birthday that bothered him. He's kind of down and quiet. Wonder if I'll feel that way next year when I turn 55? Nah, I plan to feel bothered when I turn 80.

September starts on Wednesday, yippee! At my house fall begins on September 1st or Labor Day weekend whichever comes earliest. I hauled down my fall decor bins and am scouting my home to see how I will decorate this year. I'm also going to change my blog design to an autumn theme on Wednesday.

As I'm writing this, my weather channel on the computer says its 87 degrees, the weather widget on my blog says it's 84 degrees. Either way, it's not 110 degrees! This morning when I went outside at 7:00 am, it actually felt cool! (Well, cool for here anyway). Thursday this week marks the earliest last 100 degree day for Phoenix. It happened it 1904. It's not gonna happen this year, but the end of the 100s is in sight. Hopefully by October 1st.

I'm also changing our "curriculum" at Grammy daycare this week. In August we concentrated on the concepts of "open and shut". We also studied animal identification and the sounds various animals make. For September we're adding the concepts of "loud and quiet" and the study of shapes and colors. Sounds like fun, doesn't it?!

Change is in the air...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.