8.03.2010

I'm frustrated...

... or maybe it's something beyond frustration. Our refrigerator is out again. I thought maybe it was feeling warmer on Sunday so I put the thermostat we usually keep in the garage freezer in the fridge to check the temp. By last night it was up to 50 degrees. So once more, it was time to borrow ice chests, take everything out of the fridge, load into ice chests. I feel so bummed out.

This time I called Whirlpool. They gave me the number of a local Whirlpool repair shop. I called them, explained the sequence of events including how much I got charged the first time by another shop for the part. This guy mildly commented, "that's too much". Great. Not only does my fridge not work, but I let myself get scr***d in the process.

So, the new repair tech is coming out today at 11:00 am. I hope he/she knows what to do. The guy I talked to did say the parts have a 90 day warranty. I asked if that meant I have to call the old place if my parts are bad. He replied that they would handle it for me. That's good.

I wish I understood credit cards better. I have half a mind to call mine and make them get the $300+ back that I paid the first guy. I don't know if that's allowed or not. Can you do that if you just get taken advantage of? Guess I'll wait and see what the new tech says and then go from there.

I just want cold water, cold milk, cold OJ, cold margarine... you get the picture.

And I don't want to have to call a refrigerator repair tech every two weeks.

Have a nice day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, your comments are important to me.